EMPLOYEE SAFETY INFORMATION
Comprehensive School Safety Plans
The California Education Code (sections 32280-32288) outlines the requirements of all schools operating any kindergarten and any grades 1 to 12, inclusive, to write and develop a school safety plan relevant to the needs and resources of that particular school.
Comprehensive School Safety Plans are required under SB 719 & AB 115 and contain the following elements: Assessment of school crime committed on school campuses and at school-related functions.
- Child abuse reporting procedures
- Disaster procedures
- Suspension and expulsion policies
- Procedures to notify teachers of dangerous pupils
- Discrimination and harassment policies
- School-wide dress code policies
- Procedures for safe ingress and egress
- Policies enacted to maintain a safe and orderly environment
- Rules and Procedures on school discipline
- Hate crime reporting procedures
The Comprehensive School Safety Plan will be reviewed and updated by March 1st every year. In July of every year, the school will report on the status of its school safety plan including a description of its key elements in the annual school accountability report card.
A copy of the Comprehensive School Safety Plan is available for review at your school site.